This award has been established to recognize and honor outstanding teacher education programs which exemplify joint participation by local education agencies and higher education institutions in program development and administration.
- Program has been cooperatively developed and administered by institutions of higher education and local educational agencies.
- Goals are clearly stated and directed at the establishment of identifiable teacher behaviors.
- Program has an evaluation protocol which is appropriate, operational and directly related to its goal.
- Data are provided to demonstrate that after program implementation, goals are achieved.
- Principles on which the program is based are theoretically sound and are adaptable by other teacher education programs.
Nomination Packet Format:
- 8 1/2 × 11 -inch pages, maximum of 30 pages
- Cover page with name of program and institutional participants and contact person with address, phone number and email
- Two-page overview of the program
- 15-20 pages describing the program
- 5-10 pages of evaluation data
- Electronic submission or hard copy is acceptable
Deadline for receipt of nominations: September 1, 2018
Mail or email all nominations to:
Dr. Janet Strickland, University of West Georgia
160 Forest Hall Place
Fayetteville, Georgia 30214
2017: Early Childhood Education, University of West Georgia
2016: Early Childhood Education, Columbus State University
2015: The Doctor of Education with a major in School Improvement Program, University of West Georgia
2014: not awarded
2013: The ESOL Endorsement Program in Middle and Secondary Education, Georgia State University
2012: The Bachelor of Science Program in Early childhood Education and Early Childhood Education with ESOL, Dalton State College
2010: not awarded
2009: not awarded
2008: not awarded
2007: The Master of Arts in Teaching Program, Emory University; and the TEEMS English Education Master of Arts in Teaching Program, Georgia State University
2006: The Initial Preparation Program of Berry College and the Charter School of Education and Human Sciences
2005: not awarded